Lilypie

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

June 13, 2010

Soccer

I've never understood the fascination with 22 men running after 1 ball. Even though my dad used to be a national soccer player, back when most of you where not even born, back in the sixties.

My dad has many newspapers articles that have grown yellow with age, I decided to do a search online and found some short articles from http://newspapers.nl.sg/

He was already playing for Malaysia before Singapore's independence in 1965.

A defender, but constantly scored goals too.

And I was especially tickled by this article :p

Now is to find a day to go down to National Library to search the Chinese papers and find the article on my parent's wedding :)

2 comments:

ADL said...

A pity they did not cut out all the news articles. Good luck in finding the one abt the wedding.

JAL2629 said...

I tried once years ago but couldn't find it. Mum said i may have been looking at the wrong papers. Should try again.